This is a service to support unpaid carers across Norfolk, commissioned by Norfolk County Council and the five NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups.
The support is for young carers, young adult carers and adult carers, working in partnership with many organisations and community groups. Including those which have been established for many years, as well as new ones that have formed.
In your Parish we have local Carer Connectors providing face-to-face support, within a carers own home or a place of their choice. This could be helping to navigate and understand local services, benefits, housing and adaptations or providing emotional support and assisting them to attend local activities.
Our Carer Connectors can assess their needs and those of their cared-for and help them access the support which will benefit them most.
CarersMatterNorfolk provide a full breadth of support through:
- 7 days a week Freephone Advice Line
- Emotional Wellbeing support in the caring role (counselling)
- Education and Training through events and sessions for peer support groups
- An online e-learning portal (designed by carers for carers)
- Online community in The Pod, where carers can engage in peer support and speak to other carers
- Live Chat support on our website with our Advice Line
- Grants for local peer support groups
- Membership of Carers Voice – carers can have their voice on services and decisions which affect them and the person they care for.
Whatever the question or need of support the Advice Line Team are available:
8am – 8pm Monday to Friday
4pm – 8pm Saturday
8am – 12noon Sunday
Just call 0800 083 1148 or visit the website www.CarersMatterNorfolk.org.uk to find out more and access support.